Thursday, July 9, 2015

KC Convention

The Mennonite convention was in Kansas City this year. The first week in July we spent the week with our 22 youth from church. The hardest part was definitely being away from our boys, but otherwise it went well. 

There were a few mullet wig/headbands that were brought along. Oh man, it looked a little too real on Ben. Several people gave looks, and even commented on it..thinking it was his actual hair. We had many laughs at night entertaining ourselves.


Many of the youth went to Worlds of Fun on Thursday night. I haven't been to an amusement park in years! Turns out I am still able to scream through an entire ride. Oh my goodness. 
We enjoyed ourselves.


We took part of several seminars, worship services, meals all together, playing games in the rec area (corn hole, spike ball, ping pong, four square), and just spending time with the youth and catching up with people we haven't seen in quite some time.

I was sure grateful for Mom and Dad who kept the boys. I know they were in good hands...but man, I missed those guys! They were loved on dearly when we got back. We left Sunday morning, prior to the last session, just so I could spend the majority of the day with the boys before working the next three days 12 hr shifts.

No comments: