Monday, September 21, 2015

Noah [a much needed update]

Noah, you have changed so much in the last couple months.
You are quickly approaching the ripe old age of three, and it is showing! So before that happens, I want to capture you still as the two-year-old that you are...

Sleepy boy, right after you wake up from your nap you are usually pretty snuggly. This is the only time that you don't have your glasses on..right before you go to sleep, and right after you wake up. It's amazing how much your glasses are apart of you, and without them it seems so odd. Never would have thought I would be able to say that when we first found out you needed them :)


You play, and you play hard.
You do very well when you can play on your own, you march to the beat of your own drum. I love hearing you talk to your toys, and make up things. You love to play outside; dirt, tricycle, swing, balls, and trampoline are some of your favorite. You are starting to get quite opinionated on what you believe you should be allowed to do. Your independent self is gaining daily!





 At the store..you are such a ham. Regardless of where I take you..there is a 99% chance someone will comment about you or your glasses. They must a conversation piece. You are not phased one way or another by the comments. Actually, as a rule you are surprisingly shy to most people you don't know. It doesn't match your go-getter personality with most everything else. But a good way to get you to stay real close to me is having a person come up and start talking to you that you don't know. Not always a bad thing..until it's someone that you should know and just play shy anyway.

Since Christian has started school, you and Jonah and I have a little more time to do our own thing. Not that Christian is a huge hinderance, but it is a different feel playing with only toddlers. 
"Keen my hands!! They are messy!" (Shaving cream and food coloring...using unused supplies from work to play with them)


You are beginning to have a preference on your clothing. You pick out what shoes you wear usually. And if given the chance you like to wear your "grease gun shirt"...which is really your "Greece" shirt that Grandpa and Grandma gave you last summer. I have no idea where you heard the term 'grease gun'..but it is pretty funny how you are convinced this is what that shirt is called. You don't mind entertaining yourself in all kinds of ways, utilizing Jonah's toys/crib are definitely not out of the question as far as you're concerned. 

Watching Christian go off to school on the bus. You have been surprisingly okay with him going to school, and you having to stay with me at home. If you walk out to the end of the driveway with me to send him off, you are just SO pleased with getting to wave at the bus driver...you give you  giddy giggle, it is just so funny.

I love to hear you sing church songs as you play. You have recently picked up on MANY songs, and will sing them throughout the day. You get to go to Sunday School now too...and love to hear the story (I know as I have helped several Sunday's in your classroom!). If I start a song, just by humming a tune while I'm in the kitchen, you will finish it..or correct me if I sing a wrong word.

 Inside you love to color, read books (you would be read to for hours!), build Legos, and put together puzzles. You are crazy good at putting puzzles together. I don't know how you can find the right piece that is in the mix of many others on the first try. This puzzle is the 100-piece Chuggington puzzle that you like to put together. Usually with this one, the only help I give is flipping the pieces over and maybe a piece here and there when you say, "You do the puzzle with me?"

You are happy MOST of the time. You have a sweet smile, a very giddy giggle, and an underlying orneriness that is so obvious about 30 seconds before you do whatever it is...given away by your face. 

You are smart..and are a couple steps ahead of my game on certain areas...ah-hmm, potty training.
I try and make it sound fun, and awesome, and a big-boy thing to do. And I KNOW you CAN do it..and that you are just doing things are your own terms. Which I will deal with..but I will still try my ways along with it. The one day I was saying my shpiel,  and you looked me dead in the eye and said, "I not go poop in the potty. I go poop in my diaper. Change me." Smart...and SASSY! Ugh! You may be encouraged to be smart..but not that latter part. We don't need to you to start off at full speed.

One more brief story...
Riding home from the grocery store, you were in the back seat (that is a bench seat) with Jonah next to you. I was singing in the front seat, and you said, "That's nice."
Thinking you were referring to me singing, I replied, "thank you."
A few seconds, you say, "That IS nice!"
I knew then you were not talking about me...and asked what you meant.
"I put my Crocs on Jonah's face, that IS nice.
I said, "No, that's not nice. Don't do that anymore. Shoes do not go on anybody's face."
His reply, with his ornery little face, "That IS funny! Ha-ha (he actually made the ha ha sound very exaggerated)...I will laugh about it!"
I said, "Noah, it really is not funny. That is not kind."
He waited a little bit, and then tilted his head to the side with a grin and said quieter, "I DO think it is a little-bit funny."

Your vocabulary and way of reasoning is the biggest change in the last month. You are bringing up things that I never would've thought you could remember, from months ago! There are countless things you say...and I'm sure there are many more to come.


You are such a funny, playful, fun-loving, little boy, Noah. You bring so much joy to our family.