Saturday, December 1, 2012

Oh Christian...


You don't have to wonder what's on his mind...he'll tell you, sometimes whether you want to know or not! I love this boy...he daily cracks me up. Here are some of his latest...


"I'm so 'em-pressed'!!! (As we drove into Mom & Dad's driveway)
"What are you impressed with?"
"The Christmas lights!! I'm just so EMPRESSESED!!"
............................................................................

He's been naming random toys..then saying, maybe for Christmas I can get that. And then, he'll switch it up and say, maybe for my birthday I will get ____.

...........................................................................

We had one of the MYF students watch Christian the other evening while we had a sponsor meal at John & Chris's (Ben's uncle/aunt...YUMMY!)
She said when we got back that he told her that everyone has 'two bodies'....and went on to explain, "But only mama's bodies have milk in them for Noah to drink."
Oh. my. goodness.

..............................................................................


When we were at a local restaurant..a woman we know asked Christian if there was something new around the house (referring to Noah).
He excitedly answered, "YEAH!!! We have Christmas lights!!"
...Then she said, "Are you a big brother?"
"Yeah I am." (head tilted to he side with his half way smile)
"What's your brother's name?"
"Noah....but sometimes I call him No-ey!"

...........................................................................

Christian says, "I wish I had a girl. (after looking at pictures of our dear Iowa friends..the Brokaws)
Maybe there is one in your tummy."
me: "What are you talking about?"
C: "Well..it will take a little while and then you will have a girl come out of your tummy."
me: "Oh Christian..I think you are mistaken..this is not the case!"

...........................................................................

As I was feeding Noah..Christian says,"can I give Noah a massage?"
Sure.
So he proceeds to rub his back..."isn't that nice, that is a massage Noah."

...........................................................................

Uncle Mitch came over as we were finishing up lunch. Christian had eaten enough to "earn" dessert of a cookie. So he says to Mitch, "Don't ya want a cookie Mitch?"
Mitch: "No, not really. I don't need one."
C: "Oh, did you not eat all your food."
M: "No, I ate all my food, I just don't want a cookie right now."
C: "But if you eat all your FOOD, then you can have a DESSERT!"
M: "But I don't really want dessert."
This went back and forth for a little while...and then Mitch went into a longer explanation that sometimes Christian doesn't always want to eat any of his food and only eat the dessert...but for him he would rather eat his food and not his dessert. Then after his explanation, he said, "make sense??"
C: "No." "If you eat all your food, then you can have a cookie."
Agree to disagree!
...........................................................................

I was shopping with both boys in Walmart recently, and we were going down the toys aisles.
He was talking about the various toys he was seeing saying, "oh, I want that" ..or oohing and ahhing over all the trucks and cars. And he really wasn't being loud about it or anything...then finally he said, "Mama, you are passing by everything! We are missing them all!!"
He said it so seriously, I had to laugh! Poor guy, we got out of that section so it wasn't so hard on him :)
He was treated by the old lady handing out samples...a Christmas Oreo...he said, "OH BOY!!! I will tell Daddy that I got a treat and he will say...'NOOO WAY!!'"

(P.S. The shopping trip with both boys by myself went pretty good. The only downer was that when I got out to the car I realized I had an unpurchased gift (the whole reason we were in the toy section) still in the cart! I was going to drive to the front doors and hand it to the greeter person. Meanwhile, I proceed to back up and had completely forgotten that my CART was still back there! A man that worked at Walmart must have heard the lovely sound it made and came to take the cart...so I just gave the toy to him! Oh my, it was time to get home at that point. An accidental shoplifting and rear ending my own shopping cart...I guess the boys can handle the shopping but I cant!)

...........................................................................

With Christmas music on in the house..he is very curious about the words and what the song title is. He especially finds it amusing to hear "Santa Baby"....he'll say, "Did you hear that, Santa Baby?? That is just silly!" And later in the song they sing "Santa cutie.." which gets even more of a reaction since I recently bought cutie's (like the food..clementines) at the store. He does not miss anything.
We told him he will be able to sing Christmas songs in front of everyone at church with sunday school, so can practice his songs. "OH, I'M SO EXCITED! OH BOY! I can sing loud!"
...........................................................................

Mom and I were talking about a lady at church that was hospitalized for a heart problem. During the conversation we were saying the valve might be leaking, but they were going to do an "echo" (echocardiogram) to figure out what was going on. Well, Mr. Ears was listening to this conversation, and piped in to ask, "Echo? Is that scary?"
"No, its just test for her heart, its not scary."
He was satisfied, and went on playing.
The next day, out of no where he says, "Yeah, and Grandma says that that leaking happened on the echo?"
It took me a minute...I had no idea where this came from...and I asked, "what echo?"
He says, "You know, the test! Its not scary, that lady had leaking and the echo test."

Bottom line: I really don't think any info you wouldn't want known should be told...he will remember it..and out of no where bring it up.

No comments: