Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

It was a bittersweet weekend for us...well, for me anyways.


On Saturday, we went to Marion Lake with some friends from Hesston College. One of them is heading off to live in Bermuda (must be rough) as he is starting a new job flying for a company down there. So we enjoyed an outing at the lake, and the weather was perfect. The not-so-perfect part was when we had a big splash come on board and absolutely soak the front part of the boat. That was where Ben and I, and my camera and phone were located. Needless to say, I won't have any pictures to post on here for a bit because it appears that I will be needing to purchase a new camera. Sad times :( But on a brighter side, my phone only temporarily died...and is now back to life again. These are what was left on the memory card (which survived the drowning).

Ben (below) and I (above) enjoyed wake boarding!!

Derek Christophel (left), Nathaneal Shue (middle, the one that's moving to Bermuda), and Chad Hershberger (right, not related). The couple sitting, Jason and Dani Roupp from CO.



Sunday, Mom and Dad Sweigart came up for church and then over to our house for dinner. In the evening, we went to Newton to hang out at Brent and Alyssa's and play the new Wii Fit!!! Brent had a pretty amazing find...not only did he find one for their family..but there was a second one in the store that he had picked up for us! It is quite the contraption, just let us know if you're wanting to try it out..it is like doing a workout in game form on the TV.

Then today, Ben helped with Dad's workers of Kansas Electric at the Lowe's job in Wichita. I think it's a fast moving job and they had a hand-picked crew to do some catching up over the holiday "non"-workday. After picking up pizzas for the guys that were working, I went to Hesston and spent the day outside in the pool with Mom, Alyssa and the three little ones. I was actually on call all afternoon and evening, but apparently pregnant women chose all of last week to do their "laboring". We finished the day with a delicious supper at Mom and Dad's with the Sweigart men and Ben joining the rest of us already there.

1 comment:

the fredin's said...

Isn't wakeboarding fun?? Shoot I should have sold you my wakeboard instead of Dr. Kauffman. Oh and me and the boyfriend might be down tomorrow to play with Wii Fit :)