Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend trip to Iowa


This last weekend, I drove to Iowa to visit my college roommate and very good friend Ranee Brokaw, and her growing family. Luke is 5 months old, and the last time I saw him was at our wedding when he was 4 weeks old! He is very cute and quite smiley.

Justin, Ranee and Luke Brokaw

I also got to meet Isaac Birky, Kyle (my cousin) and Julie's (Ranee's sister) baby who is about 2 months old. Darren (my cousin) was meeting his new nephew for the first time this weekend. It was a mini cousin gathering in Iowa.




Kyle, Julie, and Isaac Birky

We all went to the fall festival in Kalona and also had supper together at the Birky's on Saturday night. Ranee and I went shopping as well, it wouldn't be a visit without a little shopping :) It was a short weekend, but so glad I could visit and see the growing babies too.


All of us eating at the fall festival (except Justin, he was working in one of the vendors for their church)

I was ready to get back to see Ben. He had to work on Friday, so he couldn't make it since I left Fri and came back Sunday. He went up to Hesston on Saturday for the college activities, the Paul Friesen art center opening. Phil and Diana came down for that as well, so they all spent time together.

No comments: