Monday, February 25, 2019

Ear Tubes

Jonah has experienced multiple ear infections over the last year, many of them back to back. 
The last one were a month ago, the right ear actually perforated (which the only warning he gave was about an hour before it happened...he started to complain of severe ear pain). Once it started oozing, he was relieved, but regardless...pooooor guy!! Then 2 weeks later, the other ear had an infection.

All of that to say, the doctor recommend seeing an ENT, for the possibility of tubes....which I was counting on them saying he needed..and he did.

So today, BRIGHT and early (we had to be in Wichita to check in at 5:30), he got a pair of tubes. He handled it so well. I hadn't told him what was happening until last night, and even then, I just said that we're going a different doctor's place and they were going to fix his ears.


He was so brave. It was also nice that there were several former co-workers that I saw while at the surgery center. One of my favorite anesthesiologists was Jonah's! It was obvious that they have quite the system down for these day surgeries!

He said, "I blew up that balloon, but then it made me feel weird. I didn't know that feeling. And then I fell asleep."
Other than being tired from the very early morning (he fell asleep with no problems for a nap this afternoon) he acted normal really soon after! He went to lay on this mattress we are getting rid of, and when I went to check on him...poof, out like a light.

No comments: