While I sat down at Christian's appt, I get a text from Ben with this picture....
and underneath it he wrote: "So this just happened. One of my biggest parenting fails ever. Pretty sure his head will need to be shaved. He feels pretty bad about it at least."
So what had happened was, Ben was cutting up an apple for Noah. We had been doing Valentine stuff at the table...involving paper, stickers, markers, scissors, valentine cards, etc. We do crafty stuff often, never had an issue with scissors being terribly misused. Markers..sometimes..but not scissors.
I guess today was the day for Jonah to execute his curiosity on what those child friendly scissors can really do. He said later, he just snipped as he walked in the living room...and saw "floaties" coming down, so he did it again and again.
Ben's reaction when he saw it was, "Jonah, why don't you go look in the mirror." Which he did, and instantly started crying. He said, "I didn't mean to!!!"
And from the picture that he sent, I was just baffled for quite some time that he was able to cut THAT short first of all, using a kid scissors but also without cutting his head! Oh my goodness.
I said we are NOT shaving his head, especially not in February. He'll be wearing hats for awhile!
When I got home, I asked how he felt about it. He said, "Its very bad, very bad (shaking his head back and forth). I will wear a hat because NOBODY wants to see that (pointing to his head). When my hair grows, I will never ever do this again. Kinda sad about it (hanging his head, making the saddest face)." I told me him, "I know buddy, it will grow. That's probably a good idea not to do it again though, I'm really glad you didn't hurt your head!!"
He went to bed that night with a hat on!
The next day, on Valentine's Day..I thought it would be funny to have him hold a special sign :)
The next day, on Valentine's Day..I thought it would be funny to have him hold a special sign :)
The next night at bedtime, he was rubbing his hand across his head. I said something about it feeling funny, and its a good thing he won't do that again. He looked cockeyed, and smiled his smile, saying, "I guess we'll have to wait and see."
What!?
So I said, "Oh Jonah, remember how you said you wouldn't do that again, and isn't that a good idea?"
"Yeah. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it happens again or not."
Ugggghhhhhh.



No comments:
Post a Comment