Thursday, October 8, 2009

big day

Tuesday was kinda a big day. Christian had his Dr appt in the morning. Ben was traveling home with the boys from their fun weekend, so Mom decided to come with. We did a little bit of shopping afterwards and headed back to Hesston so I could pick up Ben. We had a gala event to go in the evening. That sounds kinda fancy..and it was, I had never been to such an event. It was the Pregnancy Crisis Center annual fundraising gala event, and it was their 25th anniversary. Ben, Christian, and I were asked to attend since I was involved with it. Yep...several weeks ago a very special person to me, Nancy asked me to do a video interview for this event and share my story and how I got to know the "PCC". I figured for all they had done for me, I couldn't really say no..so I did it, and they showed it at this event. I  didn't really think there would be SO many people there (~ 900 people), and then for us to stand up and be recognized after it was shown was a bit overwhelming. There was another woman who also shared her story. They took bits of the interview and weaved our stories in and out to make the video. They did a very good job, I thought. After they showed that,  they had a very good guest speaker, Star Parker, who shared about her life and what she does now.





My two favorite boys looking quite handsome!


Leaving the gala..it was chilly, and Christian's head was peeking out of the blanket.


This says it all...what a day!

I was telling Ben, its kinda crazy how for a 2 month old..he's been to a wedding, a funeral, and now a gala event. He's been out and about!

No comments: