Friday, October 2, 2009

Ben's 25th birthday...continued


On Wednesday night, Mom and Dad had us over for supper to have Ben's birthday meal. We had lasagna, his ol' standby favorite. For dessert we had a baked icecream treat..a bit sweet for me, but I guess that's what desserts are! Oh and I see he is wearing his new Vikings shirt..a gift from Mitch.


On Thursday, the actual day, he requested another birthday meal instead of going out to eat. We had baked barbeque chicken, cheesy potatoes, homemade dinner rolls, green beans with bacon, and tossed salad. I'd say if nothing else Ben was fed well for this birthday! Three meals..I guess when you love food, that's what you request. It just makes me think of my Grandma Birky...I really wish she could've met Ben for many reasons. But, I often think when it comes to home cooked meals, she would've loved to have cooked an over abundance of food..and be pleased at how much he would've have eaten and loved it! Maybe heaven has a kitchen, and someday she will be able to cook for him :)

No comments: