Sunday, March 10, 2019

Science Museum [Spring Break part 2]

Sunday morning, before taking off for the days adventure I had told the boys we could go swimming at the hotel. Afterall, that was the MAIN thing Jonah was excited for...getting to swim in a hotel. 
Unfortunately, the pool was not technically "closed" but it may as well have been. It was in a room that was not heated, so it was maybe 60 something degrees in there...and the water hadn't been cleaned and it certainly wasn't heated. Jonah and Christian got in anyway, but they were chattering their teeth and got out in a matter of a few minutes (never mind that there weren't any towels in there anyway...so we had to wait on Ben who was with the other 2 boys at the breakfast and coming right after). Needless to say, we called to get a different hotel for the night.

The boys actually weren't overly disappointed about the start of the day. And we soon left for the Science Museum of Oklahoma. It was a VERY large museum!


Noah wanted a picture by himself with the fighter jet.


It's hard to grasp how big this train set is.

A bed of NAILS!!! You laid down on the surface, and then pushed the button to make the nails raise up! It didn't hurt at all, but if you touched the nails separately it wasn't as if they were dull.

So much stimulation....SO much, in every section.

Christian and Ben both got their Segway license.

 A display that you crawled inside of that had a bunch of angles with mirrors, so you could see yourself a WHOLE LOT of times!

There was an under 5 area (Noah played too) that Ben and Isaac hung out in while the other boys and I looked around. We all went in there for a short bit before the planetarium show.

The planetarium show was pretty amazing. The lady invited the kids to come to the center and lay on the carpet to watch. Jonah and Noah wanted to go, but with me. Isaac went back and forth between Ben and I. I had one of three boys laying on me at different points in the show. Christian would answer the lady's questions without hesitation, whether he was right or wrong...I had to giggle. She loved it, she said she wanted it to be interactive. I learned more about black holes than I ever knew before, and also about Jupiter and Venus. 

There was an entire section called "Curiocity". It could've easily been its own children's museum. A really big "playground" that was made of us so many clever designs, there was no way to take pictures of the whole area. It was more than a little overwhelming to keep track of all the boys, as we were not alone in this large place!


The final area before we left. I had walked through the space section that I had told Noah we could for sure go through earlier...with the older three boys. Ben stayed out with Isaac in this open area that had different building/creating things. 

This poor little boy was SO tuckered out. He fell asleep almost instantly on the way to the hotel. Too bad for him, his nap only lasted about 15 minutes. But he held strong until bedtime...and then some! (to be continued)

No comments: