The warmth that fills our hearts and homes this time of year is something that I want to do better at holding onto. I am guilty of getting sidetracked by the things "I need to get done", etc. But here are some things that we've enjoyed and I want to remember as we have prepared for Christmas this year.
Mom, Alyssa and I had a craft morning where we made this chunky yarn Christmas trees. They were not only incredibly easy to make, but also very quick...and fun. Plus, Mom had scones and coffee and fed us lunch..so it was a good morning!
We made Christmas sugar cookies...and frosted them. These three were really good frosters. They did them ALL (in years past, they would kind of fade out and I got to finish the rest).
This is a few of them that they made.
One morning, Noah came upstairs dressed like this..totally NOT matching. Ben noticed, and brought out two different pant options that he could change into. He very clearly did NOT care for this gesture, as he said, "NOOOO! I am NOT changing!! I'm dressed like Christmas!!!!!!"
So, the argument ended pretty much immediately..and his festive little self went to school in his red shirt and green pants.
We have a shepherd boy, named Freddy, that moves every day (sometimes he forgets, but he tries to move when others rest) that the boys enjoy finding. He leaves a verse and sometimes a special treat. He is on his journey to find Baby Jesus, but along the way he shares the good news with others.
During this season, the town of McPherson offer a series of free movies shown at the Opera House. I took Noah and Christian to see the Polar Express. We got popcorn (which Noah has reminded us isn't very healthy as it has too much salt and butter...as he learned in school that that is just not very good) and had a little outing! Jonah opted to stay home with Daddy to have one on one time with him, while Isaac took a nap.
The boys were in the church music program on Sunday morning 12.16. The pre-K and Kindergarteners sang a few songs and then the Wednesday night choir kids (Noah and Christian are in that ) did the longer program.
Christian singing his duet with another boy in church.
Amazing how last year, he was not even 1 year old..and this year, he is INTO EVERYTHING!














No comments:
Post a Comment