Christmas is in just one week.
This years feels as though it went by so quickly; new baby, growing children, new career path, and just living life in our Hershberger Home.
To think, just a year ago, I was very pregnant with Isaac and anticipating his arrival, wondering what a house with four little boys would be like. And now he is 11 1/2 months old, taking his first steps, just as sweet as can be, and the house is indeed active! Christian, Noah, and Jonah are all still very gentle and patient with him. I'm sure when Isaac starts talking and REALLY stepping up his getting-into-there-things game their tune may begin to change. He gets called "Mama Baby" (from Noah), "Buddy" (from Christian), "IIIIIsssaaac" or "Sweet Isaac" (from Jonah). He is growing and healthy, and we are so very grateful for that. I hope I can just hold onto these last "baby" moments he has in my mind, as he is very quickly escaping them one new accomplishment at a time (which seems like daily). He is so playful, growls like a baby bear, and just a happy smiley little bundle of squishy baby boy!
Christian (8), is in 2nd grade and enjoys school. He LOVES to read. And if you ask about the best part of his day he will usually respond with "recess", and has been playing a lot of 4 Square during that time. He played baseball this summer and soccer during the fall. He also enjoys swimming at Grandpa and Grandma's house, and riding his ripstick (similar to a skateboard). He is growing up to be quite a young man. I have seen his appetite change drastically over the past year, which makes me laugh...as it doesn't feel like that long ago I was BEGGING him to eat anything..and would be grateful if that meant the same two things on repeat. I won't say he has outgrown his "pickiness" altogether, but it is significantly improved! He has also grown spiritually, last April he accepted Christ in his heart, and he has continued to have a passion for learning about what the Bible says and how he can not only "be Christian (just as his name)" but "be a Christian". He has an outgoing personality, a thinker, kind-hearted, a contagious laugh, and is very good at building creations.
Jonah (3), is in the 'terrific-thriving-super-independent-strong-willed' stage of three year old life! I feel like that might be sugar coating it a bit. I am hoping he will take this intense determination to either "do" or "refuse" certain things and really do great things! He is really good on the balance bike, thankfully he got a helmet for his birthday, because he can REALLY go fast. He got a pedal bike for his birthday, but hasn't mastered that yet. He is a helper, particularly in the kitchen..if I start getting things out to bake, he is at my side asking for the step stool! He is much become much more expressive in the last year, both verbal and non-verbal. He has an expansive vocabulary, picks up on anything he may hear from adults and brothers alike. As far as non-verbal, his eyes speak volumes...both the sweetest, loving looks and the ornery-I'm as guilty as ever looks. He is active and tough...there is no difficulty keeping up with his brothers, and quite possibility gives them a challenge to keep up with him! As much as he adamantly refuses to be potty trained, he also is very passionate about showing his love when he feels it. His kisses and random hugs are just priceless. He is very sure of his opinions, loves to play outside, put together puzzles, makes smoothies with his Daddy, draw/color, sings well (just not in front of people), and has just the best smile that makes his eyes disappear.
Another big change for our family this year, is Ben's new adventure in starting a construction business; Renew Construction and Remodeling. He has had a steady flow of jobs, and is enjoying what he's doing. This has been a new direction that neither of us really thought would happen, but then again we have been challenged and stretched to trust God has a plan...and it doesn't always mean we need to know what that is.
I continue to work around 10 hours a week in labor and delivery in Wichita. I really do love what I do. There are all kinds of people that have babies, with all kinds of needs!
So there's our family in a nut-shell this year. As far as wondering what it would be like with four boys..its active! We have four healthy boys with such different personalities and qualities...that sometimes creates chaos..but I really am so grateful for our own beautiful mess.
The greatest gift of all.










No comments:
Post a Comment