Saturday brings more fun...
In the morning, there were games for the kids...and then games for everyone...such as a scavenger hunt, followed by a group "bear hunt".
Then we all took a hayride, which ended at "cowpie stadium" for lunch and softball. I'm pretty sure we had the best hotdogs ever (and I don't even like hotdogs).
| Josh (my cousin Donna's youngest son) squatting while he eats his watermelon :) |
| watching softball |
Later in the afternoon we went to Grandpa's house. He has recently moved into town and is selling his home to my uncle/aunt. The siblings had gone through his things remaining and there was a large amount of items for "sale". It was bittersweet to see the house so empty, but I know it is part of life and am glad for all the good memories I've had there.
| MANY family gatherings were held in this home... |
| Mom and Christian with Grandpa (great-grandpa) |
In the evening we celebrated Grandpa's 90th birthday...a little early. His actual birthday is Oct 23rd, but why not celebrate twice :) We sang many songs and shared memories of Grandpa.
Then we took some pictures...
| the great-grands with GREAT grandpa there will be 31 total in Sept (not all are pictured) and there is 1 great-great grandchild :) Grandpa is pretty GREAT I guess! |
To top the night, Mom made popcorn..which is always a hit. Throughout the days we had PLENTY to eat...naturally...it is a Birky get together afterall!!
| Cortney and Hailey watching Mom make popcorn |
1 comment:
Hi Jess,
Do you have the pics anywhere we I could grab and print a few. You got some good ones of our boys. :)
Donna
Post a Comment