Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Christian [Seven Years]


Christian...
How is my once little baby..already 7 years old! You are becoming quite the handsome young boy. Here are a few things about you, at this age that I want to remember:

You have such a fun-filled spirit. You are very sociable, and LOVE to be surrounded with kids your age. You have a loving heart, and are aware of the feelings others have around you. You get along with kids and adults alike. You're biggest "people" issue is your brothers right now. When you play nice and want to get along...oh man, you guys have the happiest, funnest times. And when you want to play the "big brother/parent" role, it can get downright ugly from time to time. I try and remind you that your brothers are like automatic friends built into our family...they can be your best friends for life, and always there for you, even when your other friends are busy or moved on..but I don't know as if you are buying into my idea just yet.

You are smart. Over the past year, I cannot even begin to describe how amazed I am with your academic abilities. You read chapter books very well. The Magic Treehouse Books and The Boxcar Children are ones you are currently reading. You still enjoy being read to as well. We are on the third book in the Shiloh (the dog) series. You do well at math too. I just didn't expect you to just pick up and take off with what you hear and see. I'm grateful you seem to enjoy learning.

You are active. Riding bike, playing catch with the softball, shooting baskets, kicking the soccer ball, throwing sticks/darts, playing in the sand pile/dirt pile, building with Legos, jumping on the trampoline, rollerblading, swimming, and driving 4-wheeler are some of your favorites!

You share a bedroom with Noah, for just a little longer. You will be moving downstairs to your own bedroom, and have not been overly excited about the idea...but not arguing about it either. You sleep with your two blankets, and always request a bedtime story (from Daddy). You sleep SO much better now that your tonsils are out, and are much better rested in general!!

Your eating habits have improved by leaps and bounds. You are actually giving me hope that it will be fun to cook for you and your brothers one day. I appreciate that you will at least try the things you formerly stated you "DID NOT LIKE!!!!" without even attempting them. And as it turns out, often you are a big encourager to Noah to try new foods and get him to eat his meals! You have grown up so much in this area of being a helper to things you know are struggles. 

You like to help out around the house. You help me clean...you love to use my Norwex cloths and mop, which I am VERY okay with! You help pick up without complaining TOO much. You also help Daddy out with projects from time to time. 

You have Christian heart...you really have a longing to learn more about God and hear what is in the Bible. I love that you question and then are able to retell the things you learned. I am so happy to know you genuinely have an interest in following what God wants in your life, and I hope that Daddy and I can help you grow in this as well!

You are growing in so many ways (literally growing TALL). I am so excited to see how this seventh year of life treats you! You will be gaining another brother this year (which you clearly stated you would like a sister....but "it's okay its a brother, it really will be okay!"). Even on the tough days, when its really hard being the oldest brother...you REALLY are a great big brother, and I'm proud of you.

I love you SO very much Christian Mitchell....you are incredibly special!!



No comments: