Monday, October 6, 2014

He's 30!

Ben turned 30 this year!
He's such a grown up now.

The boys and I surprised him at work in the morning of his birthday with a couple balloons and chocolate chip cookies. Christian had said he was going to sing "Happy Birthday" to him when we got in, but said, "I hope I don't get to nervous." He said the 'happy birthday' part....and then turned to me and said, "I did get to nervous. I just can't do it." Poor buddy..can't blame you.


For his 30th...he got THREE parties.
The first party was with my family. They came over for a Mexican meal and cherry cheesecake (Ben's choice). We ate, played outside, and opened presents. It was a good night.


Next, we celebrated with our friends. 
We went out to eat and then came back to our house for dessert...Tollhouse Pie.
I'm grateful for these friends...2 of the 4 couples are moving away in just a few months, so its even more special to get these times together in!




And the last party, was with Ben's family. His Grandpa Hershberger wasn't feeling well, so he couldn't make it..and Sam has just recently moved to CO. We had lasagna and peach cobbler for dessert. Grandpa H. played with the boys for awhile after supper...they were sure playing hard and having fun!





Oh how I am thankful for Ben, and his 30 years of life!
I can't imagine our lives without him...and all he does for our family.
Love you Ben!! 

No comments: