Monday, June 23, 2014

Christian's conversations (May/June 2014)

Christian came along to see the ultrasound of the newest baby. He had said from the very first time told, "Its a girl. I know its a sister." He had me convinced..but then I realized that indeed, it may be a boy..so I had told him, "It might be a boy. And that would be okay too, right buddy?"
His reply was usually, "It would be okay if it was a boy. But I already have a brother. And it is a girl."

So when we were told and saw that it WAS a boy...afterwards, I asked him how he felt about having a another brother. He said, "Oh mama, its okay..I KNOW that the next one will be a girl."
I guess he just doesn't give up.


One day riding in the car, he asked me, "is the baby going to pop out of your tummy now?"
"No, not for quite awhile. It has to be at least Daddy's birthday before I would be ready for it to come out. But maybe not even until Noah's birthday."
"Well, is it going to come out your mouth or your belly?"
"Definitely not my mouth."
pause.
"Well is it going to come out your belly?"
"Oh, kind of I guess." (I figured, it does exit my belly area...it doesn't really "come out" of there)
pause.
"Does it come out the same way it got in there?"
(I had to hold back my laughter.) "Yes, it does..yep."
"Ohhhhhh...that would hurt!"
I have no idea where or how he thinks this child got inside me..but I really don't think he knows the accurate version. I just answered with, "yeah, it will for a little bit, but then it will be over."


Lately, if I "surprise" him with a treat of getting to watch a PBS show, or a piece of gum, without him begging for it...he is so thankful and sweet. He will come over to me with open arms, wrap them around me, and give me a heartfelt "THANK YOU mommy!" Part of me thinks I should do this all the time...but somehow I bet it would lose its specialness REAL fast.


He gets really bothered by the fact that some people don't respond to being waved to..or told hi to...or even talking to them. We recently found out, that other children do this too. After Bible School, Ben asked how it went and if he listened. Christian answered, "Yes. But some of the kids did not listen to me. They took the toys I was playing with, and I asked them if I could have it back, and they wouldn't do it. They just didn't say ANYTHING!" It was more interesting to me that he wasn't worried about getting the toy back, but that they didn't even respond! How dare they :)

He really enjoys putting words in Noah's mouth. Noah babbles a lot these days...and has been talking a lot about his "papa" (the boy LOVES his Grandpa). Christian loves to get him going on this. First thing in the morning, Christian will go into Noah's room and say, "HEYY buddy! Good morning. Did you have a good snoozer?? Did you?  That's nice, Noah. Where's Papa, Noah? Is Papa, bye bye. He is! Bye bye Papa." I have told him not to tease like this, because it does indeed get Noah very excited..and he starts giggling!


I have gotten a couple books from the library that are chapter books, that don't have very many pictures at all. I am so intrigued by the fact that he thoroughly enjoys these books. I will read a "chapter" to him before his quiet time usually daily... and he will always say (with a sweet little smile), "just one more? just one more chapter, Please!?"  So far we've read Stuart Little, Charlotte's Webb, and currently reading Little House in the Big Woods. I love hearing him tell the story come to life!


He is very animated about teaching. He was trying to "teach" me how to put together a lego car the other day. I said, "ahh, I don't know if I could do that..you're doing such a good job!" "Oh mommy, I will teach you. Here, look here. This is what you need to do. You turn this thing here, then you.....etc." Then when I tried it...he was SO encouraging, "Oh mommy, you CAN do it! See! Easy peasy! You did it! Good job :)"


He discovered part of his anatomy. This isn't that gross...more funny than anything. He acted like he had a bug bite in between his legs. I asked if he was okay...he said, "I think I got bit by somethin'." I said, "Ok, well let me see." There was no bite. He then said, "Mommy? Did you know there is a ball in there?"
(ahh-hmmm..what??) "Yes, I did."
"Isn't that somethin' how it got it there?"
"Well, you actually have two of them. That's just the way you were made."
"Oh. Well if I move them this way, they shift over there. And if I move them this way, then they shift over here!"
"Okay, well I think that's enough..and we don't need to see if they move anymore. It's neat how God made us, but we don't need to mess with that part, especially in public."

He has a VERY keen sense of smell. The second Noah fills his pants...Christian is all over it. "MOMMY! Noah stinks. Change him now please...he stinks. He really stinks!"

Dad's family was at their house for dinner the other day. I told Christian there were going to be extra people eating with us, and that they are Grandpa's family. I think at one point I referred to them as "company". We came home after eating, and then went back to go swimming later in the afternoon. Before we got there, he asked, "Are those customers still going to be there?" (company or visitors...I'm not sure which he was referring to...but it was pretty funny)

He's been taking a nap lately. When he wakes up..he'll come find me..sit on my lap for awhile. And then, he'll say, "Whew....I sure did take a good snoozer today." If it was a short one, he'll clarify and say, "I just took a little nap today...not a snoozer."

No comments: