Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Christian's Conversations


Christian is getting more sincere when it comes to praying. When Grandpa had his knee surgery...it was pretty sweet how Christian would pray for him. He's definitely more shy when it comes to praying...its so sweet how genuine he is. "Please help Grandpa's knee to feel more better." and sometimes he'll stop his prayer mid way...and say..."Ohhh, I forgot. 'Dear God", please help Grandpa's knee to feel more better."

After he had surgery, he was pretty sure Grandpa could handle going down the stairs if he "sat on his bottom and just scooted down the stairs", "Well, I could HELP him!" he would say. I think there was a particular game (Mario Kart) he wanted to play with Grandpa that required going to the basement.

.......................................

"I have food gloves (hot pads) on for the oven, so I don't get burnt." (Playing in his play kitchen...warming up my HUGE sandwich that he made.) This was after he said..."OH!! I can put some seaweed on there." I  said, "Well, no thank you..I don't think I want seaweed."
"Oh, no, no...I mean sea-wee."
"Um...do you mean kiwi?"
"Oh, yeah yeah yeah. Keee-weee!"

........................................

Ben almost always tucks him in at night...they read a Bible story, then Ben sometimes tell him a story (either made up or real)..then the stalling methods kick in. Usually its a drink, then its "lay with me"...and the final one is my favorite...the "I love you's." Usually he says, "Daddy?? I have something to tell you!"
"What's that?"
"I love you ALL the way to space."
"I love you too buddy."
"I love you ALL the way to space AND the moon!"
"I love you all the way to space and the moon too!"

and then, this particular night...he added...
"I love you ALL the way to God."
(melt my heart)



........................

He asked to go on a bike ride. Noah was taking a nap at the time...but Ben was home. I said, "Well, maybe when Noah wakes up we can all go."
C: "Well, I don't think that's a good idea."
"Well, what about Noah. We can't just leave him here."
C: (goes to find Ben) "Daddy, do you think you could just stay here and watch Noah." (he agreed)
"Mommy, we CAN go!! Daddy said he would listen out for Noah. So, let's GO!!"
(Who can argue with that...he has the childcare lined up...he's ready to go!)


............................

He has a VERY animated way of playing when he gets going. I need to record how high his voice can get when he is talking in "character"....and how CLOSE he can get to my face when he's telling a story.
An abbreviated version of an ongoing conversation with himself and his airplanes as I'm typing this:
"Sounds like lots of fun to go to a sand castle. I know it is. Hop on the airplane. No...I'm the one who's driving. What? Yep, suuurre am."
............................

C: "Whaaaaat?? You are kid-ding me????"
no, I'm not.
C: "You are ser-wious??" "Oh, I thought you were just kidding me."


............................

While he was eating his lunch...he looks up and says,
"What pipe do you think that went down?"
I don't know, I think your tummy pipe.
"No, I think it went down my breathing pipe. Let me show you... (he makes a BIG SIGH). It DIDN'T go down my breathing pipe! I was just kidding."

(This picture was taken after a very LONG and drawn out process of getting him to eat his supper, which was lasagna. It involved me singing and dancing...it was more of a workout for me than anything...but he did finish it..and he DID get an Oreo for dessert.)

...............................

He loves the "circle chicken" (the leg piece) at the Water's Edge. We often go the first Thursday of the month for the fried chicken night.

...............................

"Can I have a piece of candy corn?"
"No, it's breakfast. We don't eat candy at breakfast."
"Ca-Ca-Candy Corn. Hey!! Corn. Corn is a vegetable, I think I could have a vegetable for breakfast."

..............................

He does alot of sounding out words and trying to rhyme words, or sound out words that begin with the same letter (that is equally close to rhyming in his mind).
It baffles me how fast he can pick up on this stuff!




(Riding in the barrel train ride at the Hesston College homecoming weekend)
............................

"Let's see what do I need first. Hmmmm. (walking around the basement with his string...to see what toy he can rig up together) I think I need this for this...(tying it around a chair)...it will be a crane."

Similar conversations everyday happen...involving a string and some form of toy.

...........................

Noah and him can play so well together...and other times, he is not very appreciative of his mobility and lack of understanding that he shouldn't mess with HIS stuff. I often hear....
"Noah! It's NOT funny! Stop it Noah. No, no, no, no, noooooooo Noah!"
Noah thinks its funny. Until he gets knocked down. And then, I hear this,
"Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry Noah, I'm sorry. Sorry. It's okay buddy. Sorry, honey." (If only I could write the sorry's to be said really fast in a row!)

...........................

Owen and Christian are just over a month apart in age...and they act and sound and even look alot alike when they are playing and running around. It's kind of crazy. It is QUITE amusing to watch them together.




And another friend of Christian's...Bwiley (Briley). They are pretty sweet together.

.........................

He likes preschool. Although, almost everyday when I ask him what he does, when I get to the "what did you do as your art project today?" He responds with. "Well.....I didn't do it. The other kids did, but I just wanted to play." We have been working on talking about how its really best to do all the things at preschool because that is part of learning and being at school. I'm not really sure why he does this, because at home he is usually open to most projects. Hmmm...it is a work in progress. He sure likes the people at preschool...especially his teachers!


..............................

He LOVES his cousins! He says that every time he knows we get to see them..."Oh, I just LOVE my cousins!!!" He asked the one day when we were coming home from preschool if we could move. I said, "Where do you want to move?"
"Oh, I think we could move in Bwent and Alyssa's house. Then we could play in the basement with my cousins!"
Hmmm...it's an idea....but I think we'll just visit and keep our own house :)

(Doesn't this picture look like a circus cart!!)

No comments: