Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day

These two LOVE their Daddy...

and their Grandpa! 

Father's Day started a little something like this...
I made waffles with strawberries and whipped cream for the boys.
Ben is the only one that made it to church, Christian had a fever off and on since Friday night...and was  just not himself. He had one all through the night, so I thought we wouldn't give whatever he had (which we now know is strep throat!) to anybody else.



Then we went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner at noon...
grilled pork chops, pasta salad, jello salad, butterhorns, grilled veggies...
a delicious summer meal!


Noah's first father's day...he loves his daddy.


Dad with us...
missing Carissa.


Although this next picture is a bit blurry..it was a favorite of mine for the day.
It shows Dad's true smile.
I love my Dad.
He's a solid guy...
he works like a super crazy man most days,
he's one of the most generous people I know,
he loves his family a WHOLE bunch,
he has a strong faith,
he'll give it to ya straight (even if you don't always want to hear it..but you need to),
and deep down, actually not even that deep..he's a big softy!
I tell ya..I love this guy...I'm happy he's my Daddy :)



We came home for naps (all three boys did!)..
and then Ben tried out his new grill (his father's day/birthday present).
I think we have many delicious meals ahead of us this summer with the help of this new addition :)


I'm very thankful for Ben...
he's a great daddy..
he's patient, respectful, and gentle..
he's a hard worker, 
he's creative,
and he loves the Lord.
He is all these things,
but he also teaches all of these things to our boys.
They have a good role model,
and I'll be mighty proud if they turn out like their Daddy!
(goof ball and all :) )


No comments: