Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Oh Christian

Oh Christian...you continue to be quite the little character.
Here are a few photos of you and things you've been doing...I try and write down some of the things you say, but if I don't do it the minute you say it...I often forget!

You like to hide.
Sometimes you will announce that you are going to go hide. And other times, like this time below, I couldn't find you when I got out of the shower. You are so quiet when you want to be! 


I have no idea how you can squish your body into some of the positions you do!


You love to play. 
Often whatever I am doing, you want to be around, or involved with. 
And then somedays, you can just play and carry on by yourself.
I love to hear you talk to your toys, and have each of them saying very specific conversations to each other. I especially find it interesting when one of them is not being very friendly, and you are telling them they need to be nice..."parenting" them if you will.



You are so silly.
Sometimes you know it...and whatever it is you said or did is followed by a 'proud' look. Then other times, you just say or do something that catches me off guard and I can't help but laugh at you. And then you will notice, and say, "was I silly?"



You got your second ever hair cut..from a professional. Usually I cut your hair, but the last time I did it...I decided I would have the real deal to "reset" what I had done :)
You were more than a little uneasy about this idea. I had a mini "date" with just you...we went to the library, then got a special drink at Sonic before hand....and then you ended up being so big and brave sitting in the chair all by yourself. You were impressed with the cape. You actually almost fell asleep on her during the 7 minute long hair cut...I guess you were relaxed!




You continue to be a picky eater. Although, I feel as though we are gaining ground on certain foods you will more routinely eat a little bit of at least. "Stagetti", meatballs (which may or may not be truly what I make as meatballs...it can just be ground hamburger that is a little bigger pieces within something), bread (plain, no jam or butter for your liking!), apples, applesauce, yogurt (what you call the "stick" kind...which is in the tube and I stick it in the freezer), sometimes grapes, often cuties/tangelos, and ALWAYS cereal!! 
Almost EVERY night you use the stalling technique of "but, I'm SOOOOO hungry!" to keep from having to go to sleep. Obviously, we know what you're up to...but every now and then you really mean it...and you get a plain piece of bread...and then you are satisfied. 
In one of your favorite books, "Huevos Verdes Con Jamon" (Green Eggs and Ham in Spanish, which only Daddy can read to you), it says, "VAIA" when he finally tries the green eggs and likes it. So now, when you try something and like it, you very enthusiastically say VAIA (its pronounced vi-ya)!!!

You can put away some serious bowls of spaghetti ("stagetti")...its often what I make you for lunch.




Your were lining all these cars up...they were having a "meeting" you said.


You love your little brother. Everyday you show it a little more. I think you are enjoying the fact that he responds to you. You like it when I "get him" and Noah laughs...so you will either tell me to do this, or you will try and do it. This maybe doesn't make Noah laugh..but it makes me laugh and Noah just stares at you.
You help me out by with taking care of Noah. And you get excited for him when he is able to grab a toy, when he splashes all around in his bathtub, and most recently when he eats his rice cereal...you HAVE to watch.


Here are a few of the things you have said....

When we were eating...
you: "Let's thank God for our garlic bread."
you eat..
you: "Let's thank God for my steamy cinnamon milk."
you eat..
you: "Hey did Jesus already die?"
me: "Yes."
you: "And He is in Heaven. And Grandma H. is there. No....Grandma Birky is there, and I went to that other heaven." (I think he was talking about the funeral of his Great Grandma Bergey)

................................

Talking to your toys...
"Lets get the show off the road." (Instead of, "lets get the show on the road.")

.............................

"Agh. This is making a mess over creation."

.......................

Out of the blue...you asked,
"Can you tell me why we don't say gosh?"

...................................

I was telling Noah he has a cute tushy when I was changing him. You were in the room of course (you almost always follow me in his room when I change or feed him).
Then you said, "What's a tushy?"
me: "Like a booty. You have a cute booty too."
You: "No I don't, because it is big. That means it is not cute."
(I have no idea where you got the idea that A. You have a big booty because it hardly exists...and B.That a big booty is not cute...no idea where that came from)

.......................................

"No ah bueno." (meaning No bueno....when you don't like something. It is hilarious how you incorporate this into your responses.)
Then the other day we passed the ice cream store Twisted Cow, and you of course said how you wanted some. After I said, no not now....you replied, "aaaah, YES ah bueno!"

.............................................

As I walked out with Noah in the morning while you were eating your cereal....
you said, "Well, HOWDY HO NOAH!!!!"
(I busted up laughing.)

.....................................

"Oh my mercy sakes!!! What on EARTH!" (said in response to four play doh containers stacked up)

....................................

I can't remember if I already wrote this one in the blog, but I had it written down still.
...You were prancing around and I asked you several times if you needed to go to the bathroom..and finally you said, "Well, actually you can take me...but I won't ask you."

(This must have been over a month ago, because you are able to take yourself to the bathroom when it comes to peeing. You even got yourself COMPLETELY undressed in the morning, take off your diaper, go to the bathroom, and then pick out clothes and dress yourself. I know this because the other morning, you woke up too early for my liking, and then you went and did all those things and came back in my bed! I was shocked and impressed.)
............................
This one is long


At nap time...you struggled to go to sleep. You came into Noah's room when I was trying to get him to lay down...and said, "I'm hungry. I want cereal." Mind you, you had eaten a large amount of cereal at breakfast, AND a really large bowl of spaghetti for lunch not even an hour prior.
I go downstairs with Noah because he's squealing and "talking". you yell out again saying you're SO HUNGRY!! So I come up and give you a plain piece of whole wheat bread (blech!)...but sure enough you were hungry..and ate it. And I said, "there, now you can go to sleep." 
You: "yeah, I will"

10-15 minutes later, you come downstairs (as Noah also did not feel to go to sleep today..and i was going to feed him). 
me: "Christian, what are you doing up?"
You: "Well, I just needed to give Noah a toy. Can I give him a toy."
me: "He's eating, he doesn't need a toy. Go back to bed."
You: "Well, I think he wants one."
me: "Fine, come down here and sit next to me while he's eating then we'll all go upstairs and lay down."
You: "ok"
We go back upstairs..I tuck you in..then attempt again to lay Noah down.

5 minutes later...you come into Noah's room.
You: "I really have to go potty."
me: "fine, go."
You go...
me:"now, go back to bed."

less than 5 minutes later..you come back into Noah's room
You: "I really have to go poop."
me: "FINE, lets go."
I help you up there...and sure enough you had to go.
You: "There, THAT feels better!!"
me: "Good, now you can lay back down, and you should be able to go to sleep."
You: "Yeah, its cozy."

You laid there for maybe 15 minutes or so, but just talking to yourself  and carrying on. Meanwhile, Noah had fallen asleep, but everytime I laid him down he would pop his head up and start "talking " to me as though he had never fallen asleep.

I finally went into your room, and you said, "Did I take a good nap?" (the usual question after you actually do  take a nap)
me: "No, you didn't fall asleep yet!"
You: "Well, I laid my head down, I just didn't shut my eyes. So did I take a good nap?"
me: "No! You didn't sleep."
You: grinning..."You're KIDDING me!!?"

ahhh, defeat. 
me: "You can get up...we're done with naptime today."

..........................................

You are extremely hard headed when you want to be..and it frustrates the dickens out of me somedays. I'm hoping when you get older you will use this in a positive light, because surely there is a good reason for you to be practicing it already. 


You maybe have the ability to drive me crazy (you can tell when that happens...and you make the same sound that I do..."uuuuuuugh"...keeping me accountable of sorts!) but I also LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY!


No comments: