Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Noah [5 months]

Noah Bear you are already 5 months old. Goodness, time has flown.


You are growing, we will find out Friday at your (belated 4 month appt) just how big you are. You're wearing 6 month clothes, although some of the jammies are starting to be too short for you! And we're finishing up this box of size 2 diapers...and probably get you into some size 3's soon.

(a yawn...so sleepy)

You my dear are becoming quite the lazy little snuggle bug...who knows how to make some NOISE when you're happy (or mad for that matter). You have a squeal that you change your whole face to belt it out. It sounds like a loud screeching bird when you really get going!

(no, I'm not crying...this is my "I'm-so-excited-I'm-going-to-screech-and-squeal-real-loud" face!)

Your laugh, oh I just love your laugh. You give the most to me when I "get you" with my head to your chest. You are MUCH more ticklish than your big brother was.


You are overall much more content...just know it has not gone unnoticed. It makes my heart happy to know that you are happy....because when you are troubled and sad, and I can't seem to fix it....oh boy, does that make my heart hurt for you.


Your hair has started to grow thicker, and maybe a bit lighter. But your eyes...still that rich blue color...so expressive. I love how you pick up your head when you wake up, and peek over to see who is watching you...and then you grin the sweetest grin that turns into a bashful full out smile!

(there's that face again...happy guy)

You are getting really good at grabbing things...rattles, toys....hair. Its fun to watch you grip the rattles, and put them in your mouth so aggressively!


You can sit up good with support..but you don't like it for very long. And you rolled over from your tummy to your back ONE time (just a couple days ago)...when neither of us were watching. I had left for work, and your daddy heard you knock against the crib...sure enough you had rolled over, and were not happy about it. You don't seem to have a strong desire to even try most of the time...I'm sure you will soon enough!


You are my little helper. You're not always content just being put down so I can do other things. So, I bring you with me and you get to help! Sometimes just being able to see me is good enough...you silly little guy, you get a little persnickety about what you want and when you want it :)

The long awaited teeth...are still just that. Crazy how those bad boys take so long to actually poke through. I've been able to see them for weeks now..but still no official break through. I think the left bottom one is going to be the winner...who knows how much longer that will be?! In the meantime, you often wear a bib due to the high drool volume you have going on.



We do own enough clothes for you to wear. You just seem to love to have them off...especially your pants. It is so funny when we get your clothes off to change you or get into the bath...you get SO happy! And check out those rolls...gotta love the chubby thighs :)

You still love your baths. Oh boy, you can kick half the water out of your little tub! I have a feeling you will love the pool this summer! I have given you several showers with me...and you don't mind those either. I just have to hang on to you real good...you become quite the slippery little butter ball when all soapy.


You sleep.....and then you wake up. And then you sleep. I stopped really paying attention to how many hours to do or don't sleep at night. All I know is you usually eat a couple times for very short periods of time and go right back to sleep. You did have one night where you sleep from 11:30 to around 7:15...oh my, now that was lovely. You usually take a nap (anywhere between 30 minutes-1 hour) in the morning, and then another one (an hour or just over) in the afternoon. Then maybe a couple cat naps here and there. You eat roughly every 3 or so hours during the day. I don't exactly have a tight schedule for you, if that's not obvious :)

(laying on one of my baby blankets when I was little...you were telling me a story in this picture)

You like your pacifier to sleep with...if you don't fall asleep eating. However, just in the last week or so, you have learned how to yank the pacifier out, chew on it awhile and then get a little frustrated you don't know how to put it back in. Silly boy. You have also used your thumb to suck on a few times...it looks so cute..your chubby little hand up there!



You tried out rice cereal for the first time a couple days ago. I'm sure once you get the hang of it...we will be diving into the whole realm of delicious baby foods :) You seem to know what you enjoy best...milk. And if it HAS to be in a bottle....I have witnessed it myself, that it HAS to be at just the right temperature for you to drink it willingly. My, my....so particular. You have also started spitting up more this month. I'm not sure what that's all about...but I do know I do ALOT of laundry because of you :)



You love your mama. I love you too...very much. You seem to be a little more kind to me when it comes to going to sleep, or eating, or calming down in general. Perhaps, you could work on letting your daddy show you he knows how to do these too...and cooperating so its enjoyable for the both of you. Not too worry....I'm not complaining...I really do love you! Both Daddy and Christian are able to get BIG smiles out of you when they talk to you..you know your family!

Noah Bear, I love you to pieces. I'm so grateful you are a healthy and growing baby..we are so blessed.

No comments: