Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Water Fireworks

I like pinterest.
I like it for several reasons....one of them is it gives me ideas for fun things to do with Christian I wouldn't have thought of on my own..and then I try them out.

He often will ask for a "project". 
So, today we made water fireworks. Water, oil, and food coloring. Doesn't get much easier than that.

I let him drop in the food coloring.


And then they just sat there...on top of the oil...for what seemed like quite awhile. Perhaps I added to much oil..I don't know.


Then, just as I was going to poke one of the drops with a toothpick....BOOM, a color explosion in the water. And it continued...it was pretty.


I had read to save the blue ones for last, because it makes the water really dark and it kind of puts an end to seeing much. Turns out...they are right about that.





So I dumped the top coat of oil into a mason jar to see if I could "recycle" my oil and do it again.
Sure enough it worked, I just added more water.








Anyways. That was our water fireworks. 


No comments: