Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Christian's conversations

I told Christian I was going to call Great Grandpa Birky and sing Happy Birthday to him.

"Well what about Great Grandma Birky?"
"Well, she is in heaven."
"Awwww! I want her to come back."
"Me too buddy. I would love for her to meet you. She would love you VERY much."

He just sweetly came over and gave me a long hug.

....................................................................................

I was doing something in the nursery, and Christian was getting out some of the baby toys.

C: "Will baby brol'er play with this?"
me: "Oh I think so."
C: "Oh, you're right. Will he share with me?"
me: "Oh, I think he will share."
C: tilts his head to the side and says, "Well, no. I don't think he will share. He will be a baby, and babies don't share."

.....................................................................................

I was laying down with him at bedtime.
And after a long time of silence he said, "Mama?? Are you still there?"
me: "Yes, I'm still here."
C: "Ask me if I'm still here."
me: "Are you still here?"
C: "Yes, I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere!"

......................................................................................

He was climbing on the window sill in the living room and I asked him to get down.
C: "Well if it's alright with you, I will climb up here."
me: "It's not alright with me. I want you to get down."
C: "....ya don't say!?!"
me: "I do say. Get down please."
C: "No silly billy...you're supposed to say, 'I DO say!!"

If you could see the facial expressions used in this conversation..it steps it up about 10 notches in making it really hard for me to keep a straight face with him!

........................................................................................



No comments: