Wednesday, August 29, 2012

ALOT of apples!








 Our mangy looking apple tree has proven to be quite the apple producer! We have picked and picked and picked from it. I think we've gotten around 6 or 7 five gallon buckets from it. It's kinda fun to have free apples. I've learned how to make and appreciate (probably a little to much!) apple dumplings, apple muffins, applesauce, apple butter, and many times of apple salad. 

This evening we picked for quite awhile, and also rounded up all the ones that had fallen to the ground to the compost pile.
It got dark...but the moon was pretty!

It may be late, but our little helper was still serious about picking apples.



All these apples makes me feel, hope and smell like fall is really NEAR! I can literally taste it!


1 comment:

the brokaws said...

seriously jealous of all those apples. there are pretty much zero apples anywhere around here this year which equals no applesauce in my freezer...boo. enjoy yours for us! :)