Thursday, May 31, 2012

Brotherly love...already.

The other morning, Christian climbed up into our bed as he sometimes does. He rolled towards me and said, "Can I pet the baby?"
"Yes, you can."
He "pets" my belly, and says, "does he like that?"
"I think so."
"Does he have a shirt on?"
"No, he doesn't have a shirt on."
"Does he have underwear on?"
"No, he doesn't have underwear on."
He looks a little sideways at me...and says, "you mean he is NAKED?"
"Yes, the baby is naked."
"You better tell his mama to put some clothes on him!"
"Well, who do you think his mama is?"
"I don't know?"
"I am. I am the baby's mama, just like I am your mama."
"I am a baby. You are MY mama."
"Your right I AM your mama...and I will always love you! And you will make a great big brother."

                      *************************************************

We were checking out the progress in the basement, where there are still some baby things stored.
The high chair was sitting down there and he asked, "what is that?"
"Well, its the high chair. The baby will sit in it when they get older."
"And then he will go home."
"Well, he will stay with us. We will love him."
"And I was squeeze him SOOOO tight! And then he will go home."
"You will be a good big brother. You will get to play with him and show him things."
"Yes, I will. And then he will go home."

At this point, there isn't much more to say....later on he was explaining to Grandma that the baby will be staying at our house..so maybe it's starting to sink in. I'm guessing it won't probably truly sink in until the baby actually does come home :)

                    ***************************************************

We went to Wichita the other night to get a few things..it ended up that the weather got kind of ugly and we left before being to productive. The only thing we did get was a blanket for the baby. We picked out 4, and had Christian choose one for the baby. He has a deep appreciation for his 2 blankets..and so we thought at some point we would have him choose one for the baby so it can be identified as the baby's and not his. They had only ONE that was the same style of both of his, except this one was white. Out of the 4 we laid out he chose that one.
On the way home it was storming and he hadn't taken a nap. He asked for his blanket, and I said we didn't have it with us. I said, maybe we could ask baby brother if he would let us use his.
"Can I use your bank-it?"
I answered for the baby..."yes, you can."
"Oh thank you!! He is nice! I will share with him. Here do you want my Lightning McQueen?"
....."oh thank you. (I drove it over my belly a little bit)"
"Ok I need it back now. He IS good at sharing!!"

He proceeded to fall fast asleep with the blanket. In the morning it was folded and lying on the couch. He saw it and said, "I think that baby brother wants to share his bank-it with me again."
"No, I think we better save it to give to him, so we don't get it dirty. That was nice of him to share last night though wasn't it?"
"Yeah, it was. I think he likes sharing with me."

                       ****************************************************

1 comment:

the brokaws said...

priceless. can't wait to hear more of his little stories in a few weeks!