Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I have a job to do.

Christian has been hit or miss on naps lately. Not something I really am enjoying..but usually if he lays in his crib for over an hour and he's still talking or singing I figure he really must not be too tired. Yesterday was one of those days, and I needed to go to work, so I went in to get him out so he could play a little before I left.

I expected to see the little face beaming, standing proud in his crib when I opened the door...
instead I saw this...


(besides the messy room) there is SOMEONE out of place here.

He didn't seem in the least bit phased by the fact that I was staring at him, while he was singing and promptly carried on with what he HAD been doing for quite some time...
emptying the entire box of kleenex's into his crib.


I said, "Christian, what on earth are you doing and how did you get up there??"
His response..."I have a job to do." As he demonstrated the "job" of dropping yet another kleenex into the crib.

Seriously. 
Obviously, I didn't praise him for his job well done..
but I suppose that in a 2 year old's world..it was indeed a mission accomplished.


The crib rails will be transforming SOON!

Oh my goodness..as in right now. In the 10 minutes it took me to do this on the computer, he was taking his "nap" and wouldn't you know who is standing next to me letting me know "I'm up! I'm up mama!!" without me going in there!

So I guess I have a job to do now.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Oh my, that little stinker!