Monday, September 12, 2011

the things he says



This little fella is just a talker. Pretty much anything you say he will repeat...and not necessarily right away, but at a random moment where you have no idea where it came from.
Here are a few of his more frequent sayings and doings...

oh no. car coming. be careful. (Says this at the nearest stop sign by our house, and also at random times)

mama up. MAMA play. Chr-shin help mama up. (pulling on my arm)

oh no. a fly. oh no. I smash it.


Fire truck. Chr-shin climb on fire truck. Ok.

I go Gma's house. Chr-shin go Gma's house. Ok. (if I say, no not right now...) Maybe later. Ok.

Sc-ool bus. Where sc-ool bus go? Ride it, ride the sc-ool bus.


Build tunnel. Mama, Daddy, build tunnel. 
(Out of blocks, legos, or whatever piece of furniture can be transformed...he loves tunnels.)






Wheel....round and round, round and round (and he hums the parts he doesn't know to The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round)

Sings songs on his own while playing: Deep and Wide, Jesus Loves Me, ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Happy Birthday to me.

Blow happy candles. Chr-shin blow happy candles, one time.

Jesse Bear. Mama read Jesse Bear.
(A book we got from the library. Recently, a favorite bedtime book. I didn't read any bedtime books on this particular night since he was super tired..and he said "Jesse Bear" through his pacifier, but I still laid him down. He fell asleep, and an hour later woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep, I went in and of course he was still saying "Mama read Jesse Bear. Mama rock, read Jesse Bear."....we read Jesse Bear :)


"Where ____ go?" Often this blank is filled in with Carissa or Mitchell. Not sure why he only wants to check up on them, but he must think they leave often.

Kade shoes on.
(He recently got a pair of sandals that are the same style and color as Kade's.) His first response to the new shoes, were "Kade's shoes". After explaning that they were his, he said, "a Kade's shoes... a-Chr-shin shoes on."

No like it. (OR) Like it. -BOTH mean he DOES NOT like whatever it is that he is talking about!

I draw colors. (crayons) I draw sidewalk. I draw chalk. Ok. (sidewalk chalk)



On a daily basis, he will make the stuff animals talk. However, his side of the conversation is only "HI!" and then he promptly hands the animal to Ben or I and expects us to keep the conversation going while he brings in other animals to participate. This could go on for a LONG time! In a pinch, I've used his fruit snack characters, my fingers, a napkin...whatever works..he thinks they are "real" if you make them talk in a different voice.


racaroni and cheese (macaroni & cheese), ca-cheese (cottage cheese), case-de-a (quesadilla), applesauce. (All are pretty standard favorite meal time foods that he will request for..and generally speaking he does not like to try anything outside this small list...unless at least one of these is present. Ben is in disbelief that his son is a picky eater)

no way Jose. (yep, he says it)


Mama machine. Only mama touch it. Might be ouchy. (in regards to my sewing machine)

The other day when we were on a bike ride he was going on and on about scissors and how "scissors, might be ouchy. Only mommy or daddy, scissors. Might be ouchy." Not sure what he saw that reminded him of this, but he talked about it almost the whole bike ride.

Usually he wakes up talking in the morning. I go in there after a little bit. This particular morning, he was talking and then he said, "Daddy, WAKE UP!, Daddy. Daddy, WAKE UP!" Ben was already at work for the day, so I got up and walked into the bathroom first, right outside his room. Then he said, "a-potty. Daddy go potty." I walked in his room, he smiles, and says, "a-Daddy? Where Daddy go?" He usually asks this in the morning anyway, and one time he made a pathetic face, when I said he was at work. He said, "nooo, daddy no work."


He can open the front door on his own. I had gone to change clothes one morning, and he was playing in the living room. I then heard the door bell ring....little Mr Christian was outside ringing it!


Today I had the front door open, with the window door closed. While I stepped outside from the back door, he must've opened the door. I came back in and was looking for him, and then went out the front door. He had gone out, turned on the hose and started watering the plants. He said, "chri-shin water plants" (in the proudest tone).


He's pretty much a happy guy if he can be outside with some sticks and the dirt...while he sings to himself.