Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Festivals and more...(day 5: part 1)

Saturday was full of activities. The three of us drove out to the apple farm we went to last year. It was a bit different this year, but still very enjoyable. We ate apple donuts and rode on a hay rack ride through the apple trees.


Then we stopped in a small town, to go to a fall festival...the main street was full of little craft vendors and such. We stopped to eat popoosa's (a central america meal), which was pretty good...its similar to a quesadilla. In the afternoon, the three of us and Jenny (one of Carissa's roommate's) went golfing! It was a par 3 course, which is like real golf but on a much smaller scale. I think I'm going to go ahead and say none of us were great, but we all had a great time. I'm not exactly gifted in controlling the ball, or controlling my strength...which was a bad combination with a good sized creek nearby. Not to worry, I wasn't the only one, Carissa had the same problem. We found other balls to use, and proceeded with our "intense" game.

1 comment:

the fredin's said...

those trees are beautiful! it reminds me of indiana...the colors are so much more vibrant than they are here.